Wednesday, August 13, 2008

What?

Today, I would like no tips. No suggestions. No demands, no requests. I would like to eat a meal without cottage cheese landing on my toe. I would like to drink coffee and put it down wherever the hell I'd like. I'd like to not imagine the worst, today.

I would love a nice hearty walk in silence. I would like to play my ipod at full blast without worrying that I'll miss a simmering toddler-brawl, or a sippy cup hitting the asphalt.

I would love to not feel pissy.

I would like to not be so moved by so many things. I would like China to publicly apologize for replacing the real singer in their opening ceremonies with someone prettier.

I would like to not care so much about things like that.

I would like to prepare my children for an outing without a full body wrestling match. I would like to change a diaper without having to use the restraint strap and various gadgets to keep someone from becoming apoplectic.

I would like to not have the pediatrician on speed dial, today.

I would like to be light and funny and carefree.

I would like to enjoy the sunshine and have it change me from the inside out.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

And while China is apologizing can we cut John Edwards' balls off?