Thursday, June 18, 2009

Totally getting all earthy crunchy on yo' ass.


I've been feeling this for years now, but I beat it down with a conservative stick.


I'm unearthing my true self, my tree-hugger persona, my granola-rolla, my hippie chick.


I'm eating all organic-y and whatnot.


I'm wearing sandals constantly and the thought of heels makes me roll my eyes.


I'm recycling everything and copping a major 'tude when others don't.


I'm COMPOSTING for chrissake.


Yeah, for my garden. Which I'll harvest and eat. With the homemade gluten free bread I'm fixing to make.


I'm even considering using organic face products, but only if the concealer really conceals and the lip gloss doesn't have eucalyptus. Makes my lips burn.


I could be in the middle of the Himalayas, wearing Birkenstocks and rocking an organic-cotton Kotex before I forget my lip products.


I haven't gone veggie yet, I don't know if I'd survive in this house without some animal. And I know that the day J picks a lentil over beef will be a frightening day when the earth stops rotating properly and my toddlers listen and follow instructions the very first time I utter them.


Off to downward dog. With shiny lips.






2 comments:

ladyofthehouse said...

As a wise woman once said, "I've got my keys and lip gloss. I'm good to go!"
I'll cheer you on, on your natural path.. and I'll live vicariously through you until I get off my lazy but and get myself into gear.
:)

Kelly said...

You have an inner hippie? I think I have an inner republican. Shh.