Monday, November 23, 2009

Time for the THANKFUL post.



It's trite and everyone does it this time of year. But that's okay because it's important to stop, inspect, reflect, and corn-ily gush about the things that make your heart go pitter-pat.






So, you know how I do with me lists:






-a husband who not only buys me coffee filters before I run out (he doesn't drink coffee) but who also buys me the t-shirt above because I love the show Friday Night Lights. Riggins is so dreamy.



-two little peanutty buttons who crawl into bed with me and whisper-shout with their yummy morning breath.



-a woodstove that cranks out wintery warmth and the money to buy wood for it.



-parents who would do anything for me and my crew.



-hot hot hot water.



-tea kettle and Earl Grey.



-real friends I can call who'll be ready for me, no matter what.



-the age and wisdom to know how and when to let go and move on.



-strong legs and a belly with some scars on it.



-food in the pantry and even more in the freezer.



-a job that pays me in many ways.






What about you? Share please!






3 comments:

Erin said...

I'm thankful for:
-A husband who will be returning from overseas, safe and sound, in a few short weeks.A fellow wife will never again have a homecoming. This affects me greatly, and has made me a more sympathetic, caring person.

-Ping pong

-A 10-year-old son who is eerily turning out just like me. When confronted with a piece of warm cheese, we fought over who was going to huck it at the wall. He won, but we peed our pants laughing.

-A dog who finally likes me, five years after living with me.

-A real house, and the holidays spent with family and friends. After 13 years of living in Army housing, it is truly a blessing.

-Friends who overlook what a tool you were in high school, and know the real you, and still love you.

-I'm thankful also for being older and wiser, and being able to see beyond myself and see the need in others.

-Getting the cobwebs cleared from my girl parts by said husband in a few short weeks.

-Red plastic Solo cups. When you can play beer pong and flip cup in one night, that's pretty awesome.

Unknown said...

-15 years without a real mattress, and now a mattress

-Friends who love me when I'm crotchety

-being employed

-blue cheese and fresh figs

jason said...

at this point in time, less to be thankful for than normal, but I will add this as a reason to be thankful:

You and your continued friendship and support. It means more than you know.