Monday, November 23, 2009

Tidbits.

Oh dear. Upon review of my blog I realize that it's been a cranky few weeks for me. We've had a rough fall as a family unit. But we're good. We're fever-free (I'm knocking feverishly on wood now, pun intended) and my antibiotics have almost run out and I'm seeing the light at the end of the tunnel.

And so I'm starting to make plans. Masters plus 30? Yeah, almost there. Getting myself in shape mentally and physically? Yep. Creating better boundaries and sticking close to home? You-betcha.

I'm also checking out some new sites that I really like:

www.crankyfitness.com (how perfect is this?)

www.susanpowteronline.com I know, I know, I'm still on this site. Even though I've decided that Susan and I won't be besties (I don't know if she appreciated my blog....oops!). Listen. The woman has some fierce recipes.

www.heythattastesgood.com This has awesome gluten-free recipes and the author takes amazing pics of her process and product. Think photojournalism meets gluten free hippy chef.

And read this book if you have any desire to...it's so interesting. Talk about the food industry. Talk about our brain's hard-wiring to not only seek out but 'hyper-eat' foods with fat, sugar and salt (and even moreso foods with layers of each and all). Talk about how strong dopamine is in our brains and how we (really) don't have control once the shoveling starts. If you like science-driven food information, you'll like this.

Oh! And if you have large feet. If you have Sasquatch feet. If you have feet that are hard to fit. If you have large calves (hey-o!) like me, you'll like www.zappos.com Free shipping! Sizes 11 and up! Pictures! Multiple views! And boots for us lassies with some husky calves.

Stay healthy!
XO
Jen

No comments: