Wednesday, January 2, 2008

WhoopAss




There's nothing like ringing in the New Year with a self-imposed ass-whooping. As some of you know, I've had some back pain lately, which resulted in an MRI, which resulted in a visit to a pain clinic for a nerve-block shot of cortisone. It kicked in a few days ago, and I've had to resist the urge to go for a jog, knowing the damage is still there, but the pain (hurrah!) isn't.

So, in I go for a weekly chiropractic visit to stay proactive and to move forward with the healing process. It's a great adjustment. I feel great. I step outside, in my new shoes (you read about them in my ABFAB blog) and my heel gets stuck as I proceed down the steps. Concrete steps, naturally. There are five in all, for those of you who like numbers. I cleared four of them. Right to the ground. Thumpity thump thump thump. Broke my fall with my left knee, right shoulder and two palms (you read that right, I'm like GUMBY, especially after a crack at the chiro's!). Didn't even get up. A man saw me and was sweet and understood my mixture of pain and embarassment...he helped me up and gave me a gentle pat on the arm.

So, thank goodness for pain shots. Although I'm feeling my fall, it's not like it could be. The worst part, other than the scrape of my new shoes? I think I sprained my armpit.

Happy New Year! Pay attention on the stairs, jackass!




1 comment:

Jenine said...

Whoop, there it is! So been there done that falling down bit. It stings a little but you brush your self off and start building your bridge to get over it. That's my new theory, the bridge building. I tell it to everyone, I expect an ass whooping soon! I love you and miss you! Happy New Year!