Thursday, April 24, 2008

Too


Sometimes, I'm just too much. Sometimes, I feel like if I could just curtail THAT part of me, that too much part of me, things would be fine. I would be more likable. I would be more admired. I could be funny without trying too hard. Too desperate. Too eager. Too much.

Maybe some of you will read this and say..."You? Nooooo." I doubt it though. I think I know that you know what I know which is that I am sometimes, just too damn much.

It's funny when I think about it though, because although 20% wants to work on it, the other 80% doesn't much care about changing because I've been at this for 33 years and I seem to be doing okay. That said, it still occurs to me, often enough to share it, that I need to sit the hell down and close it sometimes. Leave a little mystery Jennifer. It's cool to do that. Me? Not so cool. Share and share it all, and then repeat said sharedness later to a friend that says, "Yeah, you mentioned that."

Is it part of being an only child? Probably. Like me! Like me! Think I'm funny and great....! See? I'll convince you. Let me tell you a funny. Let me show you a cool picture. Let me demonstrate how caring and considerate I am. Let me dance for you like the monkey that I am. Dance, monkey dance!

Oh....did I say too much?

5 comments:

ladyofthehouse said...

Not too much - Just enough!!!
I wouldn't change a thing about you!!

Jenine said...

Too much, ehhh, screw it! I'm third in line and my family and you and I are the same. Entertainers, we are. It's our little (loud sometimes) gift to the world! Go on monkey,dance! I'm right next to you w/ a banana! :-)I love you!

Anonymous said...

Yes, I know that "too much" part of you. Perhaps you got it by osmosis, multigeneration, from being around others of your clan who felt they, too, had to dance, monkey, dance.

Your kids like it when GaGa does a monkeyshine thing. Don't change a thing, Punchy Dooly, Rigamaloolie!

Anonymous said...

Too much is never enough! No one wants a watered-down version of the original. Dance like nobody's watching, girl! Change what bothers you...not what you think bothers others. (One of the perks of being a private citizen (and not a public figure) is that you get to be your own damn self!)

Anonymous said...

Sorry, that last comment was me..

~Nathan