Monday, February 1, 2010

Oh, Detox. You naughty little minx.


I'm a big believer in not going too hard-core with the eating. I can't cut out a food group to save my life, unless it's licorice. Is licorice a food group?

I didn't last more than 2 days on the Master Cleanse, even though I bought all the lemons and ginger and raw almonds and field greens. I just don't have the ability, honestly. I also read time and time again that the body does it's OWN detox, naturally. It's called your kidney and your liver.

So a friend of mine suggested a more structured detox that's supported with some supplements and probiotics. It's vegetable and fruit-based, it bans coffee, and it scared the hell out of me.
I thought about it. Marinated. Decided I could. Of course I could! And after the holidays? Who doesn't need a good purge?

So...I went in. I bought the journal. I bought the 'cleansing fiber powder' which makes my rear end twinge a bit just by writing it.

I started yesterday. Sunday. The day of our Lord. I thought it was appropriate. Here's how it went down: (ps, I won't get into the habit of writing about what I eat. And you can always just go look at your US weekly, but you know what you'll see there? People talking about what they eat).


Sunday:

-green tea with lemon

-honeydew melon

-egg white


-veggie sticks


-homemade veggie soup with kale, leeks, carrots, celery, bok choy, stewed tomatoes, garlic and onion.

-add veggie burger to this

(this is really good!).


-marinated red cabbage with apple

-field green salad

-prunes (this is a no-no, but they were there and looked so delicious!) (See? I can't even go a DAY).


-scoop of low fat cottage cheese

-green mint tea


OK: I won't lie: I wanted to put my face in a bag of pretzels and just give it a big ol' motorboat. However, I kept my cool and was strangely satisfied. I think it's because I'm high from lack of fat and sugar.



No comments: