Thursday, February 11, 2010

Are you Really Suprised?




I really really really wish I were a better blogger. I wish I could run off and type all the things I think about all day, but you know I just don't. Dinners to be made and clothes to be laid out and floors to be swept and honestly, there are bottoms to wipe. Don't get me wrong, I can waste time like a champion (remember this?). Anyway, the detox continued to go really well. And then we ended up in the ER with one lethargic little girl (long story, really longer and the most important thing is that she's fine, thankfully) and the chicken salad sandwich the nurse gives you is in your gullet faster than you can say 'kale spinach frittata'. I kept going though, not perfectly, and made some really interesting (life changing? naaah...maybe?) observations about myself:


-holy crap, I CAN live on vegetables and I will NOT die.


-vegetables are really good and really satisfying.


-I don't need as much protein as I eat. I need far, far less.


-I actually don't have to eat the candy in the dish. (I won't die!)


-I really love good chocolate (Ahoooo! Cacao!) and I will eat it every day of my life. Detox bedamned.


-that wasabi vinaigrette stuff? Good lord. I could put it on just about anything.


-new recipes are scary but waaaay more fun. (See this super cool book from my mother-in-law).


-it's not about having less and being satisfied, it's about finding interesting ways to be satisfied that go beyond the carrot and celery stick. I made butternut squash risotto for goodness sake!


Onward and upward and I'm surprised that I'm surprised by how good it feels. Wow, taking care of myself (which sometimes includes Mike's Pastry from the North End) is good for everyone in my home.


I'm on the list, bitches! And I'm going to stay on it!


Peace, namaste.


Go eat some eggplant.


No comments: