Saturday, February 9, 2008

DeTizOx



We just returned from a ridiculously good time in Florida (or, as my little peanut says...'Flo-di-da') spent with my father, mother and stepfather. They don't live together, just to clarify ;-). Time on the beach, time by the pool, and of course some of the best times, around the kitchen table. What is it about the kitchen table? It seems to bring out the best stories in everyone, or at least the best exaggerated tales. Breaking bread and yukking it up, two of my favorite things to do.


We had amazing meals: ribs, wings, a cornucopia of naughty bites at a SuperBowl Party including mozzarella sticks and a triple threat dessert made of marshmallow, fudge and brownie. We were treated to Mom's homecooking including chicken and veggies, brown rice and Dairy Queen. And of course my hubby and I snuck away for a night where we got to know Mr. Corona and nachos. And a burger. And the Waffle House. Oh and an ice cream cone and a margarita (not a good combo, fyi).


So, it's time. Time to detox. Purge. Cleanse. Remove. Eliminate. You get it. And it's not a calorie slash so please don't email me about making sure I get enough nutrients. It's just the cutting of the crap. The cuttage. And it's funny, because if you think about it, there really is a LOT of crap to cut. I thought that my diet was really healthy, and for the most part, it is (with the exception of the above paragraph, you know). But sometimes, you get a little loose, a little lazy, a little careless. So I'm on day two of the purge. It's actually from Health magazine and it's balanced eating without any processed food, dairy, soy or grains. There are proteins, vegetables and fruits at every meal, and snacks of nuts/seeds/nut butters and fruit.


Here's how it's going:

-One day one, I had a f$#%^ headache that didn't end. It really didn't end until today (day 2).

-I was surprised that I am not hungry at all. In fact, it's kind of hard to keep up with the snacks.

-The nuts and seeds are very satisfying and keep me fuller, longer.

-I'm not sure if the above is true or if I'm just going crazy because of the lack of chocolate.


I'll keep you posted on my progress. If I find myself face-first in the BJ's bag of chocolate chips by the end of the week, you'll know I'm officially off the wagon.






No comments: