Tuesday, February 19, 2008

One week down


Well, it's been a little over one week officially on my bad-ass diet. It's not perfect, but I'm amazed that I'm still interested in it and that I haven't completely thrown in the towel.


After 7 days, I was down 4.5 pounds. Yes, I know. It's water weight and thank you. But who cares? It feels great and so do I. My new-found penchance for black coffee is probably the most interesting part. I don't know that I actually tasted the coffee before. Don't get me wrong, not reaching for the cream in the morning does not come naturally to me, but it's getting easier and easier.


It's funny. I've had a few 'cheats' in the week, namely buttered popcorn, a few sugar free fudgicles, and two small glasses of wine. Last night I actually had dinner in a restaurant with bread, wine, and some mashed potatoes (clearly not part of the plan!). When I have these little 'cheats', my body reacts almost immediately.


In the name of stinky farts.


(It's my blog after all, right?)


I kinda like the experimental part, that I can see right away how my body responds to certain foods. It's even more interesting since my daughter was diagnosed with Celiac Disease because it's more proof that diet has a profound affect on your tummy. At least mine, anyway.


I miss my yogurts and my daily chocolate, but it's not overwhelming. I'm eating more fish and tried some sauteed broccolini the other day. Don't get me wrong, I'm a nacho and beer kinda girl, but this 'back to nature' thing is working for me.





1 comment:

Anonymous said...

4.5 lbs is 4.5 lbs - that's terrific!!! What a great first week!!
We have to have 'little cheats' now and again, or we'd never stick to a healthier diet. Being good makes those treats all the better!!
You go girl!!!